How do I translate data entries?
In metasfresh you can autonomously translate a lot of your data into your business partners’ languages.
You can translate the data entries of the following menu items:
The moment you add a new data entry, multilingual entries will be created in the respective translation windows in the menu where you can then edit your translations.
If, for example, you add a new product, you can edit its translation entries under “Product Translation” in the menu.
When you change your interface language and create a sales order, for example, you will see the product name appear in the respective language set when adding the products.
Or when you print commercial documents for business partners who speak another language, the product name will appear on these documents in their language, respectively.
Open the translation entry
- Open the translation window of the entry in question from the menu, e.g. “Product Translation”.
- Use the filter to find the entry for which you want to add a translation. There is one entry for each available language (see column Language).
If you are already looking at the entry you want to translate, e.g. a product entry, you can take the following steps:
- Use the entry’s related documents to jump into the corresponding translation window (under “Product Management” in the sidebar), e.g. “Product Translation”.
- In this window you will see all translation entries for the selected entry.
If you want to translate record tab entries, as in the case of dunning levels*, you can take the following steps:
- Go to the record tab at the bottom of the page, e.g. “Level” for the dunning levels in the window of the respective “Dunning Type”, and select the line you want to translate.
- Use the context menu to switch into the corresponding translation window, e.g. . Here you will now see a list of all translation entries for the selected entry.
- Open the entry of the language into which you want to translate, e.g. “Deutsch (CH)”.
- Replace the existing Name with your translation.
** *Note regarding Dunning Level:** Replace the existing Print Name with your translation.
- Check the box Translated.
- metasfresh saves the progress automatically.
Zur Quelldatei auf github.com