What are you looking for?
Design Guide WebUI – Windows, Documents, Fields
Corner Stones for Windows
- Mandatory fields
- Very important fields
- Most important checkboxes and switches
- Active switch shall be the first element at the top of the column
Corner Stones for Documents
Grid View for Documents
First 4 fields displayed must be:
- Target Document Type
- Document Number
- Document Date
Last 2 Fields displayed must be:
- Document Status
When displaying the following fields, always show them together:
- Pricing System / Pricelist
Grid View Order of Master Data
- Name ascending
Note: This applies to all master data grid views, e.g., business partners, products, price lists, etc.
Grid View Order of Documents
Grid View Order of Data with a “Valid from” Date
- “Valid from” date descending
Field names for Documents
- Instead of “Target Document Type”, write Document Type.
- Instead of “Document Date”, write Date.
- Instead of “Document No.”, write No.
- Instead of “Document Status”, write Status.
Default Filter for Documents
- Date (Document Date)
- Business Partner
- No. (Document No.)
- Document Type
Included Record Tabs
- All the fields shall be in only 1 element group.
- This element group shall have a white background (primary UI).
Dos and Dont’s (unless the opposite is specifically requested)
- If a column is a filter, the field for it should be displayed in grid view;
- If a list contains more than 10 entries, it should be changed into a search field;
- The Client (mandant) should not be displayed in a grid view;
- Any new field should be translated in German and English;
- Organization should be the last field displayed in grid view;
- In the advanced edit view of a subtab, the Organization and Client should be the last 2 fields displayed;
- When adding/modifying a virtual (SQL) column, make sure it gets updated when the source information updates.
View source file on GitHub.com