In metasfresh, you can define individual sequence numbers for documents that can also be assigned to other entries, such as product categories, in order for them to be sequentially numbered automatically based on the individual settings.
- Open “Document Sequence” from the menu.
- Create a new entry.
- Give the document sequence a Name.
- Tick the checkbox Auto numbering. Additional fields appear.
- The field Current Next shows the next value in the sequence.
- The field Increment shows the number by which the next value will increase.
- The field Decimal Pattern determines the length (number of digits) of the sequence. It is represented with zeros.
Note: A sequence consisting of five digits (e.g., 12345) would be represented as “00000”.
- In the fields Prefix and Suffix you can enter constants (alphanumeric strings) that will automatically be added before or behind the sequence number, respectively.
- metasfresh saves the progress automatically.
Next Steps (optional)
View source file on GitHub.com