The product description text will appear below the product name on sales order confirmations. For additional information on how to place manual text on documents, please see here.
You can also translate the product description yourself into the languages of your business partners, so that when you print sales order confirmations for foreign business partners, the text will automatically appear on these documents in their respective languages. For additional information on how to manage data entries in multiple languages, please see here.
Add a Product Description
- Open the entry of an existing product or add a new one.
- Open the advanced edit menu from the actions menu.
Note: Use shortcut
⌥ alt +
- Scroll down to the text box Document Note and enter your text here.
- Click “Done” to apply the changes and close the advanced edit menu.
Note: You can quickly view product descriptions during batch entry in a sales order or purchase order by clicking on the tooltip icon to the right of the product name in the order line.
Translate a Product Description
- Use the product entry’s related documents to jump into the window “Product Translation” (under PRODUCT MANAGEMENT in the sidebar).
- In this window you will see all translation entries for the selected product entry.
- Open the entry of the language in which you want to write the text, e.g., “Deutsch (DE)”.
- In the text box Note, enter the foreign language text version of the product description.
- Tick the checkbox Translated if this has not yet been done.
- metasfresh saves the progress automatically.
View source file on GitHub.com