A product is a consumer unit (CU) which in bigger amounts can be packed into a transport unit (TU). The type of TU to be used is specified by packing instructions.
- Open the entry of an existing product or add a new one.
- Go to the record tab “CU-TU Allocation” at the bottom of the page and click . An overlay window opens up.
- Select some Packing Instructions, e.g., IFCO.
- a) Enter a specific fixed Quantity to put into the TU. The UOM is always the product’s stock-keeping UOM.
b) If the quantity is unknown or variable, tick the checkbox Unspecified Capacity.
- Set a Valid from date.
Note: If this date lies in the past, the packing instructions will be effective immediately. If it lies in the future, they will only apply from that date. metasfresh suggests the currently valid packing instructions automatically based on the date promised of sales orders or purchase orders.
- Optional: Add a Business Partner if you want to activate these packing instructions for this partner only.
- Click “Done” to close the overlay window and add the allocation to the list.
Note: Repeat steps 2 to 7 to add further allocations with different packing instructions to the list.
View source file on GitHub.com