Create a BOM
- Open “Bill of Materials” from the menu.
- Create a new BOM.
- In the field Product, enter a part of the name or number of the product for which you want to create a BOM and click on the matching result in the drop-down list, e.g., “Guitar”.
- Make sure the Search Key of the BOM is identical to the search key of the product.
- In the field No., enter a document number.
Add BOM components
- Go to the record tab “Components of the BOM & Formula” at the bottom of the page and click . An overlay window opens up.
- In the field Product, enter a part of the name or number of the product you want to add as a component to the BOM and click on the matching result in the drop-down list, e.g., “Body” or “Strings”.
- In the field Qty, enter a quantity.
- Click “Done” to close the overlay window and add the component to the list.
Note: You can add any number of components to a BOM.
To obtain a valid BOM it has to be verified first.
- Start the action “Verify BOM”. An overlay window opens up.
- Pick a Product Category.
- Click “Start” to confirm and close the overlay window.
- To check the verification status of the BOM product, jump into the field Product of the entry and confirm that the checkbox Verified is ticked off: .
View source file on GitHub.com