In metasfresh, user roles enable you to configure which windows and functionalities individual users are permitted to access. In addition, user access can also be restricted or extended for certain data entries within the shared windows. This means that even though a user is allowed to access a window, they may only be able to read, but not edit, individual or all entries, for example.
- Open any window from the menu where you want to manage user access permissions, e.g., “Business Partner”.
- Open an existing entry or create a new one.
- Start the action “Grant Access” or “Revoke Access”, depending on your intention. An overlay window opens up.
- Pick an Access type, e.g., Read, Write, Export oder Report.
- Pick a Type of user, e.g., an individual User or a Nutzergruppe (User Group)
- In the field Contact (or User Group), enter a part of the name of the user (group) whose access permission you want to adjust and click on the matching result in the drop-down list.
- Click “Start” to apply the changes and close the overlay window.
- metasfresh saves the progress automatically.
View source file on GitHub.com