- Set up PayPal for metasfresh.
- Link a business partner entry to a contact who has an email address.
Record a sales order
- Enter a sales order taking into account the following settings:
- In the field Invoice Partner, pick a contact who shall be notified about the payment request. This contact must have an email address and be marked as default bill-to contact.
- Pick the Payment Rule PayPal.
- After completing the sales order the document status is changed to “Waiting for payment” for the time being and an email is sent to the business partner contact containing the details on payment approval.
- New entries are created in the following menu windows:
- Payment Reservation: Information about the sales order, business partner contact and processing status.
- PayPal Order: Information about the payment reservation, URL for payment approval and processing status.
- PayPal Log: Log entries for each action connected to PayPal transactions.
After payment approval by the customer
Update payment status
- Open “PayPal Order” from the menu.
- From the list view, select the PayPal payment entry whose status you want to update.
- Start the action “Update from PayPal server”.
Note: You can also start this action directly from the respective payment entry.
- The payment entry’s Status is changed to Approved as is the status of the respective order entry under “Payment Reservation”, provided the payment has been approved by the customer.
Authorize PayPal order
- Open “Payment Reservation” from the menu.
- From the list view, select the PayPal order entry you want to authorize.
- Start the action “Authorize PayPal Order”.
Note: You can also start this action directly from the respective PayPal order entry.
- The entry’s Status is changed to Completed as is the document status of the respective sales order.
- In the payment entry under “PayPal Order” the PayPal Authorization ID has also been updated.
- Create a shipment for the sales order.
- Create an invoice for the sales order.
View source file on GitHub.com