For a bill of materials to be valid and used in manufacturing, it must first be verified. During verification, metasfresh checks that the bill of materials or BOM components do not reference themselves or relate to each other in any other way, resulting in a circular dependency.
- Create a BOM for the product to be manufactured.
- Create a BOM version.
- Add the BOM components required for production.
- Open “Bill of Material Version” from the menu.
- Open the entry of an existing BOM version or add a new one.
Verify Bill of Materials
- Start the action “Verify BOM”. An overlay window opens up.
- Optional: Pick a Product Category.
- Click “Start” to confirm and close the overlay window.
- metasfresh saves the progress automatically.
Complete the Bill of Materials Version
- Complete the BOM version.
To check the verification status of the BOM, jump into the field Product of the entry and confirm that the checkbox is ticked off.
|Changes can only be made to a bill of materials as long as it has not yet been used in production. After each change to a BOM, it must be verified again!
View source file on GitHub.com