Sometimes customers may report faulty products and send them back for repair in order to receive a mended product back in return (as a gesture of goodwill, if applicable). In metasfresh, such cases can be handled via the service reception and repairs incl. spare parts, other services, etc. can be carried out as part of manufacturing orders (repair orders).
- Record the returned product in need of repair as goods received via “Service/Repair Customer Return”.
- Start a repair project and create a service/repair order.
- Record your work efforts for the service/repair order (repair-related manufacturing order).
- Create an estimate for repair services performed.
- Pick the repaired product for delivery back to the customer.
- Create a shipment with the picked product.
- Optional: Close the service/repair project.
View source file on GitHub.com