Sometimes customers may report faulty products and send them back for repair in order to receive a mended product back in return (as a gesture of goodwill, if applicable). In metasfresh, such cases can be handled via the service reception and repairs incl. spare parts, other services, etc. can be carried out as part of manufacturing orders (repair orders).
- Produce a product with a serial number.
- Create a sales order for the manufactured product and complete it.
- Create a shipment for the sales order.
Record service reception data
- Open “Service/Repair Customer Return” from the menu.
- Create a new entry.
- In the field Business Partner, enter a part of the name or number of the customer who returned a product for repair and click on the matching result in the drop-down list.
- Pick a Warehouse where the product in need of repair will be received.
- Pick the Document Type Service Annahme.
Record returned products
- Start the action “Select HUs to return”. An overlay window opens up.
- Optional: Use the filter to help you find a specific HU, e.g., by barcode.
- Select the HU you want to enter as a return.
Note: Only HUs that are a product of a manufacturing order and were provided with a serial number for unique identification are listed here.
- Start the quick action “Select HU” to add the HU to the list.
Note: The HUs can only be selected individually. Repeat steps 2 to 4 to add more HUs.
- Click “Done” to close the overlay window.
- The recorded HUs are listed under the record tab “Lines” at the bottom of the page.
Note: Please note that the same HU cannot be selected for return more than once.
- If you want to undo the selection of an HU, simply open the context menu by right-clicking on the respective line and then click on “Delete” (
⌥ alt +
Y). Afterwards, the HU can be selected again for the return.
Note: This only works as long as the entry for the service reception has not yet been completed.
Add spare parts for repair
|The Accessories of a manufacturing product also need an extra Spare Parts BOM. This is in addition to the Bill of Materials (BOM) that contains all components for the manufacturing (material or immaterial, e.g. services).
- Start the Action “Add Spare Parts” and an overlay will open.
- Select the product that shall be used as spare part
Info: The fields UOM (Unit of Measurement) and Quantity are filled automatically with values from the Spare Parts BOM of the selected product.
- Change the UOM or Quantity if needed.
- Press “Start” in order to close the overlay and add the spare parts to the tab “Lines”.
Complete the Service Acceptance
- Complete the document.
- A process is automatically created for the service acceptance. This process is now available for the assigned person to be checked and released.
- Jump via the related documents to the window “Request (all)” (in CRM in the sidebar). There you can open the already filtered request.
- After a successful check start a repair project.
View source file on GitHub.com